Franconia, NH. (February 5, 2019) - On Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, Cannon Mountain, in partnership with Azimuth Check Foundation, will offer a deal to honor the nation's military, their sacrifice and their service to state and country. All active duty, veteran, reserve and retired military members will receive free skiing, as well as half-priced tickets for up to three family members, with proof of status required. With over 10 feet of natural snowfall-to-date, all major runs are expected to be open.
Sunday's events include a slope side parade of flags in front of the Notchview Base Lodge at 12:30pm, followed by the National Anthem. Remarks from John DeVivo, General Manager and Lieutenant Colonel Eric Furey will follow. The first 1,000 attendees will receive mini commemorative American flags.
"Cannon Mountain is part of Franconia Notch State Park, which was dedicated to New Hampshire Veterans with a plaque on the shores of Echo Lake," said Greg Keeler, Director of Sales and Marketing at Cannon Mountain. "Honoring that dedication and what it stands for is very important to all of us at Cannon."
Disabled veterans will also have the opportunity to take part in Cannon's adaptive skiing program. For more information and to reserve a spot on the adaptive skiing program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-823-5232.
Because of its commitment to the military, Cannon also honors military members throughout the entire season by offering a military discount on day tickets, as well as a heavily discounted season pass. Both tickets and season passes are available to ALL active duty, veteran reserve and retired military members from all branches.
For more information, visit cannonmt.com/events.
About Cannon Mountain
Cannon Mountain's rich 80-year history began with the 1938 construction of North America's first aerial tramway, which helped pave the way for the skiing industry and tourism in New Hampshire. The State of New Hampshire Franconia Notch Forest Reservation and Memorial Park was acquired with funds appropriated by the legislature of 1925 and the donations of fifteen thousand contributors secured through the society for protection of New Hampshire Forests. It was dedicated in September 1928 as a memorial to the men and women of New Hampshire who served the nation in times of war.