Know Before You Go
The White Mountains region is safe, friendly, close, and beautiful. Our attractions, hotels, restaurants, campgrounds, and retail businesses are open and look forward to seeing you soon here in the White Mountains.
The health, safety, and well-being of residents and visitors continues to be a top priority so our area tourism businesses are encouraging everyone to take precautions to protect their health and that of family members by following steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19 including practicing social distancing, wearing face masks, and avoiding large crowds and gatherings.
Effective May 7, 2021 , prior restrictions and guidance for tourism related businesses was replaced with Universal Best Practices . The best practices are recommendations for businesses and organizations to consider implementing in their business operations going forward. Please note: Many business entities may choose to implement additional precautions for the health and safety of employees and guests and these safety measures should not be disregarded.
- Visitors and residents are encouraged to plan ahead by making online reservations, purchasing tickets in advance, and calling ahead to any property prior to visiting to find out about anyother specific requirements
- Visitors are also advised to check websites or call business establishments to learn about restrictions and special instructions for visiting in advance of arrival
- Note: Many Attractions will have limited attendance to allow guests or parties of guests to be able to maintain appropriate social distancing or at least 6 feet from others. Guests will be encouraged to pre-purchase tickets for admission prior to arrival. For online ticket reservations, please click here
Play it SAFE
- If you or anyone you are traveling with is feeling ill and/or has any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your visit
- Guests will be asked to wear face coverings inside buildings and when social distancing of 6-feet cannot be maintained between parties
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be readily available at businesses in the area for staff and guests, but it is always a good idea to have your own as well
Pack Your Patience
- Be Acceptant: Expect things to be different. Attractions and Businesses are adapting to the new “norms” posed by COVID-19, and we encourage you to embrace the changes designed to protect the health of everyone
- Be Considerate: Front line employees at attractions, restaurants, lodging and camping properties, retail shops, and others business are there to assist you in having a great experience. For their safety and yours, please respect business requests for you to wear masks and remember proper social distancing
- Be Respectful of Others’ Space: Different people have different levels of concern for Covid-19, and therefore may be more – or less – worried about close contact with others. Please be thoughtful about this in our communities and businesses and stay 6 feet (2 meters) from others and wear a mask when in public areas
Although there is a lot of wide-open space in the White Mountains, we all need to do our part to keep each other safer.